For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”), the data controller is Sumac Precision Engineering Ltd Group, 26 Cambridge Road, Weymouth, Dorset, DT4 9TJ, Company No. 03103369. Registered address: Mary Street House, Mary Street, Taunton, Somerset , TA1 3NW.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you: Information you give us – You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.sumac.co.uk (“our website”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our services or when you leave us feedback and or report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you – with regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosures of your personal information
We may share your information with selected third parties including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Sumac Precision Engineering Limited and all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
How we use your personal information
Personal information may be requested in several areas of our website, such as where a user requests further information in relation to a particular product or service, or if feedback is volunteered on the contents of the website. We will only use such personal information to provide the information, products or services requested and, where you have consented, to send you marketing information regarding our products and services.
- Information you give to us – we will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you- We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources – We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Transfers and security
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
On occasion, links to third party sites may be posted on this website. We are not responsible for the content of websites which are out with our control and they are not covered by this Privacy Statement. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.